Friday, March 22, 2024

Time is Precious

 



So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

Ephesians 5:15-17


Time is a precious commodity - one, once spent, we do not get back.

Now, that I'm drawing closer to sixty, I'm re-evaluating how I'm spending these last years. I'm not thinking so much about retirement activities though my hubby and I do love a good adventure. 

My focus is more on the day to day activities that eat up so many of my hours. 

Are they worth my precious limited time? Are they God honoring? Or do they compromise my beliefs, or worst yet, waste the hours I've been given?

I've heard it said, "The years are long, but the days are short." I believe there is some truth in that.

My battle has always been with practicing moderation and making good choices, especially when it comes to my biggest time waster, the television. It's been a long struggle a true love-hate relationship. Now, with a plethora of streaming services, I allow compromise where I never would with books or music.

This industry used to monitor and rate what it produced, but now, it seems as if the ratings differ from service to service. And what at one time would have been considered unsuitable for a sixteen-year-old is now permissible.

So, this spring as the weather warms and the birds sing, I'm going to exercise my ability to choose and my prowess for moderation. I know these attributes aren't popular, but my time is limited. And if I am to do all that the Lord has for me, I must have open ears and available time.

Our Father, Creator of Time,

Thank you for all the days You have given me. I know I can rest in Your plan for my life. Help me to walk wisely each day and to make good decisions about how to use my time based on Your Word and direction. Let me practice moderation, so that no one thing becomes bigger in my life than You.

In Jesus' name, amen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is Precious

  So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days....