Monday, August 8, 2022

Putting on my Glasses of Hope

 Putting on My Glasses of Hope



Lately the world around me has seemed full of hard facts. The war in Ukraine, the economy here at home, and some personal issues have all played a part in my attitude of defeat. I guess you could say it all looked chaotic and hopeless. One big blurry blob of despair.

Now, I know a thing or two about blurry eyesight. My eyes have been bad since I was ten. Without glasses, a figure in the distance could be a person, a pole, or a sign. It's all one big blob. But once I slide my glasses onto my nose, everything becomes clear. 

That's what happened today when the Lord gave me some scriptures that brimmed over with hope. It was like putting on my glasses, everything cleared. So, I thought I'd share a few of the scriptures the Lord pointed out to me with you. 

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come... This verse from Revelations reminded me who it is that I serve. He is the Great I Am. Ever present, never far off. 

But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in the year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.  I am reminded to put my confidence in God and not man. That I do not need to fear even in the hard time because even then He will allow me to bear fruit. He walks with us in the easy and the hard.

A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. Here is the heart of the matter. If my confidence is in Jesus, then I can stand firm in His assurances and count my blessings. My heart can be cheerful because I can carry all my worries and fears to the One who can calm the sea. 

The hymn lyrics from "My Hope is Built on Nothing Less" sums it up nicely. 

My hope is built on nothing less

than Jesus' blood and righteousness

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

So today, put on your glasses of hope. Search the scriptures and find the ones that speak to your heart and take comfort in the fact that Father God is always with you.

May the God of hope fill you to overflowing. 

Bonita Y. McCoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is Precious

  So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days....